Thursday, 13 February 2014

Butterman (Time) Travel Inc Review and Interview


Butterman (Time) Travel Inc is a delightful novel that opens you up to the possibilities of time travel in the future. There was a lot to like about this novel! Everything from the setting, the plot and the characters was well written and descriptive.
What I loved:

The characters: Bianca and Tristan had so much chemistry. They worked very well togerher. Tristan was much deeper than just a 'music star'. Bianca was more than a rliable person or Butter dud as Tristan called her.The science- there was a lot of science involved in the making of this time travel- Every action was accounted for!

What I didn't Like: Honestly, nothing! I loved this novel! I got so into teh characters and story . I needed to know what was happening and why! Plus, the description of historical events was amazing! I was disappointed the novel ended but I am so happy there is going to be a sequel!

Now I have an author interview  with PK Herezo! :)

Author Interview:

1)What inspired you to write about time travel?
I grew up in the 80s when my dad watched old school Doctor Who and the Back to the Future trilogy was a smash hit of pop culture.  Somewhere in Time was also a fave, and I’ve always been enchanted with the idea of time travel.
Early last year we introduced Back to the Future to my kids (6 and 8 at the time) and I found myself explaining the concept of time travel in ways I hadn’t considered before. It got my imagination stirring and I really wanted to write a time travel story, but wasn’t sure where or how to even start.
Flash forward-- to after five seasons of Doctor Who with my son later--and I was more than itching to try my hand at it. But it had to be something really different because so much had already been done before. Once the idea of a time travel agency emerged, it all fell into place uncannily and I pounded out a first draft one month later. Neat! I love BTF! I haven't watched Dr. Who yet, but it sounds really cool :)
2)What are your must haves while writing?
Water, headphones and either music or NatureSpace.  Chocolate and or coffee keeps me going if necessary, but not required.
3)What story would you love to rewrite?
Of someone elses? I’d love to do a retelling of Gone With the Wind, only set in the future and really give it a bizarre spin.
4)Who is your favourite author?
I don’t really have a fave—I love so many for different reasons. I’ll have to say Jane Austen maintains my utmost respect and admiration for her cleverness since she was so young when she wrote some of the most beloved novels of all time.
5)How did you know you wanted to become an author?
I think it all started when I realized I was narrating my walks home from the bus stop. I’d say around the age of ten. That’s when it hit me and I knew I was meant to be a storyteller.
Thanks for your time!
Thanks so much for having me here today!

Disclosure: I received a copy for review as always, this didn't affect my review. Thank you PK Herezo and Candice (CBB Book Tours) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting a tour stop and I'm so glad you loved the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having me here today Ashleigh! And I'm so thrilled you loved Bianca and Tristan! They were so much fun to write. :D

    ReplyDelete